This 3 day QCF accredited qualification is particularly aimed at Personal Trainers or Instructors who are seeking to enhance their qualifications and become an Exercise Specialist and work with specific clients with varying medical conditions referred from GP’s. It will also give you the underlying skills to then progress to the specific and focused level 4 qualifications now available. (Fitt will be offering level 4 qualifications for 2015).
This qualification is very attractive to employers and for those instructors wishing to become more specialised and work on Exercise Referral Schemes, it is required by REPs as prerequisite for Level 4 Fitness Qualifications*.
The course is structured using a blend of distance and face to face learning to allow you to study alongside your present job and personal commitments.
Our Fitt lead tutor for the Exercise Referral Course is Heidi. She has co-ordinated an extensive Exercise Referral Programme in Chichester over 3 sites for 8 years plus.
Candidates will learn:
- The signs, symptoms and basic pathology of specific stable conditions
- The implications and effects of specific medications relating to those conditions
- How to plan, deliver, manage and evaluate a safe, effective and progressive adapted physical activity programme, personalised to individual client’s needs and lifestyle
- Principles of Exercise Referral for Clients with Specific Controlled Conditions
- Plan, Design and Adapt an Agreed Progressive plan in your discipline.
- Programme of Physical Activity for a Client Referred to Exercise with a Specific Controlled Condition
- Instruct and Evaluate Exercise and Activity for a Client Referred to Exercise with a Specific Controlled Condition
- Covering: Cardiovascular Conditions, Muscular Skeletal Conditions and Physical Limitations, Endocrine Related Conditions, Respiratory Related Conditions, Mental Health Related Conditions and Neurological Related Conditions
- Applying the Principles of Nutrition and Physical Activity
To be confirmed
You will gain 20 REPs points on completion of this course and will be qualified to undertake the;
Level 4* Active IQ course in Physical Activity and Lifestyle Strategies for Managing Lower Back Pain