Fitt and CYQ Certificates explained
CYQ Level 2 Fitness Instructing Certificate
A level 1 certificate is not needed for entry onto level 2 courses
This qualification is aimed at the learner who wants to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry as a fitness instructor in the context of gym-based exercise, exercise to music and kids' fitness.
Learners will cover:
- Anatomy and physiology including:
- the heart and circulatory system
- the respiratory system
- structure and function of the skeleton
- musculoskeletal system
- postural and core stability
- the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- The skills and knowledge required to plan and prepare a gym-based exercise or exercise to music programme with apparently healthy adults - both individuals and groups. This may include young people in the 14-16 age range, provided they are part of a larger adult group. Client groups also covered are older adults, ante and postnatal clients and disabled clients provided the relevant contraindications and key safety guidelines are observed
- Successful completion if these certificate courses will enable candidates to be recognised as a Level 2 fitness instructor on the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) and gain 20 REPs CPD credits for the course.
Fitt Accredited Courses and Workshops
These are endorsed training courses by Skill Active and REPs that have been designed by Fitt to give candidates the opportunity to develop their skills and knowledge within fitness instruction and teach new classes and sessions. The courses are completed over one or two days in order to allow candidates to fit in the training with their busy work schedule and give them the qualifications they need immediately to expand the disciplines they can offer their clients.
Successful completion of these short courses will enable candidates to gain 2, 4 or 8 REPs CPD credits depending on the course.
Fitt Terms and Conditions