This 5 day accredited qualification is particularly aimed at Personal Trainers or Instructors who are seeking to enhance their qualifications and become a Exercise Specialist and work with specific clients with varying medical conditions referred from GP's. It will also give you the underlying skills to then progress to the specific and focused level 4 qualifications now available. (Fitt will be offering level 4 qualifications for 2013)
This course is a must for all Personal Trainers and Fitness Instructors wishing to develop knowledge and understanding of how to plan and deliver exercise programmes to a whole spectrum of clients.
This qualification is very attractive to employers and for those instructors wishing to become more specialised, it is seen by REPs as prerequisite for Level 4 Fitness Qualifications.
Not only will it qualify you to work within a GP Referral Scheme, but it will also give you the skills and confidence to take on board a greater range of clients as a Personal Trainer.
Candidates will learn:
- The signs, symptoms and basic pathology of specific stable conditions
- The implications and effects of specific medications relating to those conditions
- How to plan, deliver, manage and evaluate a safe, effective and progressive adapted physical activity programme, personalised to individual client’s needs and lifestyle
- Principles of Exercise Referral for Clients with
Specific Controlled Conditions
- Plan, Design and Adapt an Agreed Progressive plan in your discipline
Programme of Physical Activity for a Client Referred
to Exercise with a Specific Controlled Condition
- Instruct and Evaluate Exercise and Activity for a Client
Referred to Exercise with a Specific Controlled Condition
- Covering: Cardiovascular Conditions, Muscular Skeletal Conditions and Physical Limitations, Endocrine Related Conditions , Respiratory Related Conditions , Mental Health Related Conditions and Neurological Related Conditions
Course dates 2013:
Saturday 28th September 2013 09.00-17.00
Sunday 29th September 2013 09.00-17.00
Friday 11th October 2013 09.00-17.00
Saturday 12th October 2013 09.00-17.00
Sunday 13th October 2013 09.00-17.00
Assessment date for viva and case study: to be confirmed
Course Venue: Bourne Leisure Centre, Southbourne. Hampshire. PO10 8PJ
Course cost: £650
Fitt will be offering level 4 courses for 2013/2014
You will gain 20 REPs points on completion of this course.